If the outcome of welding is important to you in this age of Covid-19, social distancing, limited or no physical contact, and welding personnel shortages, then online remote welding support and consulting is a convenient, reliable, time and cost saving resource you can use to get the right answers to your welding questions, to prevent and solve welding problems.
WHAT IS IT
Simply stated, online remote welding support and consulting is your online remote welding engineering department. It uses email, phone, fax, video conferencing and a welding engineer who have a welding engineering degree, to help you establish and specify welding requirements, answer technical welding questions, and advise your designers, engineers, procurement, fabrication, quality and inspection personnel on matters of welding, for the design, procurement, fabrication, and inspection of weldments. A weldment is any product, structure, component, part, or assembly joined by welding.
WHY IT’S NEEDED
Welding design, procurement, fabrication, quality and inspection questions and problems can come up when least expected. Therefore, having a welding engineer available who has the right answers and solutions is essential because welds must meet increasingly strict integrity and performance requirements. The economic and human costs of weld failure during service in today’s litigious society put a lot of responsibility on those responsible for welding design, fabrication and quality. Also, most firms that design and fabricate weldments don’t have a welding engineer on their staff, which can make welding challenging. In addition, there is a widespread lack of welding knowledge in industry, because the science, technology and application of welding is not generally taught at the four-year university or college level to engineering students, except to those in a welding engineering degree program. And therefore, this lack of welding knowledge shows up in the workplace as welding mistakes that cause welding problems when the engineering students become engineers and are hired and expected to establish and specify welding design, procurement, fabrication, quality or inspection requirements.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
You benefit by staying on schedule, and within budget by avoiding welding mistakes that can cost millions. In addition, you save the time and cost associated with having a welding engineer travel to your location. You also save the cost of maintaining a full-time welding engineering department and staff.
TO GET ANSWERS TO YOUR UNIQUE WELDING QUESTIONS
To get answers to your unique welding questions, submit your welding questions using the email link on the CONTACT METHODS page. State your welding question and then ask for a quote. Provide as much information as possible about the welding question.
After receiving your unique welding question, it will be reviewed for an answer or solution. If it can be answered, you will be quoted a price for the answer or solution by return email. If you decide to proceed, the answer will be provided after payment. Typical unique welding questions fall within one of two categories:
- Questions for which the answer is immediately known. You can expect an immediate answer after payment.
- Questions for which the answer is not immediately known. You can expect a short delay in receiving the answer because the question must be researched.
- All welding questions must be in writing. In some cases, it may be necessary to use postal mail, or fax for drawings or sketches to fully describe the welding question. This is acceptable. No verbal phone welding questions will be answered.
- All welding answers or solutions will be in writing by return email, fax, or postal mail if drawings or sketches are required for a complete answer. No verbal phone welding answers will be given.
- The purpose of the written welding question and answer rule is to provide a record of the question and answer to prevent any misunderstanding concerning what question was asked and what answer or solution was given. In other words, it serves as a Quality Assurance check to ensure that you get the correct answer to the question, or correct solution to the problem.
- If the quoted price for the answer or solution is acceptable to you, indicate by return email which payment method will be used, and instructions for making payment will be provided if necessary. Acceptable methods of payment are:
You can enter into a contract for defined services to be performed over a specific period of time. You can use this method if you need to have someone available on a continuous basis to answer questions, perform a service or provide solutions. The payments to be made to the secure PayPal website account periodically as determined by contract terms.
PAY AS YOU GO:
You can use this method if you need answers or solutions to your questions on an as needed basis without committing to a contract. The payment button below will take you to a secure PayPal website where your payment will be processed.